Monday, November 2, 2009

Christmas...Really?

Yesterday I walked outside for a moment where I noticed my neighbor standing on the curb admiring her Christmas decor that she had begun to put up! Yep you read that right! Fucking Christmas decor!!!! She has like 10 trees she puts up every year, has a company come and install lights until it looks like I live across the street from an International Airport, and she is even puts one of those wreaths on the front of her car. I really think she needs to quit the crack!

So today I'll begin taking down the three decorations that I put up for Halloween. Oh who am I kidding, my kid found the shoebox that I keep them in and put them out for me. So it should take me about 35 seconds to shove them back into the box marked Halloween. I am not the mother that really gets into decorating for anything. I figure it just adds to the growing list of things to do that are already left undone. And while I can appreciate a well put together holiday home, it really isn't my bag.

So you can imagine how Christmas fucking scares me. I mean REALLY REALLY REALLY scares the crap out of me. I seriously almost have panic attacks starting in early October when Target thinks it is time to put out their Christmas displays. I want to like decorating, but I just can't. It doesn't help that everyone around me is passionate about the holidays(yeah I am talking about you, neighbor, who made the awesome haunted house in your entryway)!!!

I feel like to be a good mother, I should deck the halls with the best of them, but I am just not in the mood. Nor do I see myself getting in the mood this season. Last year I basically had the best excuse ever to not decorate. We were gone for Christmas. Hallelujah and Amen! I told my family that we wouldn't be putting our decorations out, because we wouldn't be there to even appreciate them. Whatever! It worked for me. But this year I don't have that excuse. So in a month or so, I will drag all of the freaking Christmas boxes up the stairs and get the same freaking ornaments out. I will play Christmas music while I curse under my breath and then I will go out and spend a bunch of money on crap that nobody really needs and feel sick about it. I freaking hate all of this. Maybe I should change my name to Scrooge! Pass me a drink!

Sybil

No comments:

Post a Comment